Community Development Block Grant
CITY OF DESOTO NOTICE OF CITIZEN COMMENT PERIOD - 2023-2024 Action Plan
Each year, the City must submit an Annual Action Plan to HUD that outlines how it will utilize CDBG funds. For FY 2023-2024, the City estimates that it will receive approximately $294,000 in CDBG funds which covers the period of October 1, 2023 – September 30, 2024.
The City of DeSoto would like your input on how it should use CDBG funds to address housing and community development needs. Your feedback will help inform the priorities and goals for developing the FY 2023 Annual Action Plan and implementing the CDBG program. Please complete and submit this survey by July 17, 2023. Your participation is greatly appreciated!
Click on the link HERE or the image to access this online survey.
For additional information, please contact Esther Williams at (972) 230-9690 or email@example.com.
Please see links below CDBG Programs 2022-2023 for most recent information.
CDBG PROGRAMS 2022-2023
- Transportation Assistance Program 2022-2023
- Home Repair Program 2022-2023 (Updated as of 8/2022)
- Senior Center Project 2022-2023
- Sidewalk Repair Project 2022-2023
- 2022 CDBG Action Plan Presentation
- Link to the updated version of 2022 CDBG Action Plan Resolution (presented at 7/19/2022 Public Hearing)
- Link to Video of Public Hearing Presentation of CDBG 2022-2023 Action Plan 7/19/2022 (start at the 2:00:25 mark)
- Facebook video of CDBG Action Plan Town Hall 6/15/2022
CDBG Programs 2021-2022
- Transportation Assistance Program
- Emergency Repair Program (Updated as of 8/2022)
- Down Payment Assistance Program (NO LONGER RUNNING as of 9/2022)
CDBG Projects by Year
- 2022-2023 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- 2021 CDBG Action Plan Substantial Amendment
- 2021-2022 CDBG Action Plan
- 2020-2021 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- 2019-2020 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- 2018-2019 CDBG Action Plan
- 2017-2018 CDBG Projects
- 2016-2017 CDBG Projects
- 2015-2016 CDBG PROJECTS
- 2015-2019 Alley Repaving Projects (002)
- 2008-2009 CDBG PROJECTS
- 2014-2015 CDBG PROJECTS
- 2013-2014 CDBG PROJECTS
- 2012-2013 CDBG PROJECTS
- 2011-2012 CDBG PROJECTS
- 2010-2011 CDBG PROJECTS
- 2009-2010 CDBG PROJECTS
In 1974 the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) created the Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG) to enhance the quality of life and living conditions for low- to moderate-income households and neighborhoods. Use of this annual grant is approved by the City Council, and all CDBG projects are ultimately subject to HUD approval.
The following are parameters for the CDBG Program:
- Grant funding may provide for ADA accessibility in a City facility
- Funds may eliminate a community-threatening condition, which occurred in the past 12 months, and for which funding is not otherwise available
- Grant funding may be used for infrastructure enhancements (street repairs, alley replacements, water line replacements, etc.)
- CDBG funds must primarily benefit areas of the City with concentrations of at least 51% low- to moderate-income households (residential areas)
- These funds can be used for some public services (for low- to moderate-income residents only)
- These funds cannot be used for routine maintenance or operations of any City facility
Fiscal year 2008-2009 was the first year City of DeSoto began participating in the CDBG Program. At that time, funds were distributed by Dallas County and were utilized for infrastructure and Code Enforcement projects within low- to moderate-income neighborhoods, as determined by the U. S. Census.