Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) is a framework for data management, analytics and mapping. Rooted in the science of geography, GIS integrates many types of data by layering. It collects, organizes and maintains accurate locations and details about assets and resources. It discovers, quantifies and predicts trends and patterns. It enables a mobile work force and empowers collaboration with administration and citizens though interactive maps and applications. With this unique capability, GIS reveals deeper insights into data—helping users make well-informed decisions.
The City of DeSoto GIS Division provides access to geospatial data and web maps to support City operations and communicate with citizens and the public.
Develop and maintain a comprehensive system of detailed spatial and tabular data from a variety of sources.
- Standard Operational Procedures for managing geospatial data.
- Improve enterprise system capabilities by leveraging geodatabase design and integration points.
- Maintain Web Map Services and Applications.
GIS maps and applications are intuitive in nature to effectively meet the needs of all users.
- Provide an efficient GIS platform for storing, displaying, and analyzing maps and related data.
- Promote an appropriate GIS architecture for data distribution such as: multi-user file system geodatabases, layer files and web maps.
- Provide oversight, user training and support.
Map Disclaimer: All information is intended for reference purposes only and have not been collected or certified by a Texas-registered Surveyor. Neither the City of DeSoto, nor any of their employees, make any warranty, expressed or implied, nor assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the maps. This data is subject to change without notice and does not represent a commitment on the part of The City of DeSoto.
If you have questions about City data or maps, email GISmaps@desototexas.gov
Visit GIS.com to learn more about how local government uses GIS to improve decision making, enhance communication, increase efficiency, and make work flows more cost-effective.